- This event has passed.
Operation Christmas Child
October 28 - November 11
Are you looking for opportunities this Christmas season for a boy or a girl to experience the love of God in a tangible way and to hear the Gospel? Operation Christmas Child serves to deliver gifts to disadvantaged children around the world. These are kids that may not have the opportunity to experience this season’s joy they way many of us do. Many boys and girls who receive their shoebox full of gifts also enroll in Samaritans Purse’s follow-up discipleship program, The Greatest Journey, where they learn to follow Christ and share Him with others. It all starts with a simple gift. Prayerfully consider giving back this Christmas Season through this wonderful ministry!
Before you start packing, Review this checklist:
- Pick up a shoebox from Hillside Fellowship (available starting October 28th)
- Fill it with a “Wow” toy and other gifts
- Pray for the child who will receive your shoebox. Include a note and a photo!
- Include a $9 donation or give online through Follow Your Box.
- Bring your shoebox back to Hillside and drop it off in the main Lobby or Vestibule by November 11th at the latest!
- Soccer Ball with pump
- Stuffed Animal
- Musical Instrument
- Toy Cars
- Jump Ropes
- Toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries)
- Hair Clips
- Jewelry and Watches
- Flashlights (with extra batteries)
- Pens, Pencils, and Sharpeners
- Crayons and Markers
- Notebooks and Paper
- Coloring and Picture Books
- Solar Calculators
NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS
- Bar Soap
A PERSONAL NOTE
- A message to the child
- A photo of yourself, your family, or group (If you include your name and an address, the child may be able to write back.)