1 Peter 1:1-5 NASB
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
- Hope starts with a correct view of God.
- Hope is building up, not counting down.
- Hope is alive, active and overwhelming.
- Hope looks forward to what is coming.
- Hope is surrendering to the Sovereign King.
- Make the most of your time- it matters.
- The Hope within us should drive us forward.
- Keep an eternal perspective.