The WordTRANSCRIPT OF THIS SERMON
- The Word (John 1:1-3)
- The Way (John 1:14)
- What stood out to you from Pastor Dave’s Easter message this Sunday?
- The Bible begins with God lovingly warning us about the reality of death (Genesis 2:17). The enemy led us into disobedience and death (Genesis 3:4). What was your first experience with death? How has it impacted you?
- The Bible tells us that death has spread to all men because all have sinned (Romans 5:12). We all look for words and ways to deal with the reality of death, we use distractions, diversions, food, substance, careers, and causes to help us cope with the reality of death. What do you find yourself doing when confronted with death?
- The Bible tells us of God’s rescue mission and how He delivered us from darkness and death by entering death, defeating death, and rising from the dead (Colossians 1:13). How has the reality of the resurrection given you hope and help in this kingdom of darkness?
- The reality of the resurrection is new life for those who put their faith in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:11). Due to the fact that Jesus now lives in us, we are able to grow in love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). Where do you sense Jesus is seeking to grow you? Where do you struggle the most? Are you willing to invite Jesus into that struggle to help you?
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.