How to live and die wellTRANSCRIPT OF THIS SERMON
- Fear your Creator (v. 1:7)
- Forge your Community (v. 1:8)
- What stuck out to you from Pastor Dave’s message?
- Relationships are delightful and difficult. Many spend their life seeking to find the right relationship rather than forging the right relationships through doing the hard work of relationship building. Where have you found yourself seeking to find community rather than forging community? What would it look like to grow in the Gospel by choosing to do the difficult, long, costly work of forging community?
- How does ‘the fear of the Lord’ (Proverbs 1:7) lead to knowledge and Wisdom? How is fear a good gift that helps us understand and respond to reality? How does fear lead to submission and submission to salvation?
- If you don’t begin with truth you will end up in trouble. How does our relationship with God through Jesus impact all of our other relationships? How does our lack of fear for and submission to the Lord play out in our submission to other authority He puts in our life?
- Relationally, life is like a demolition derby – a lot of collisions. Without a relational repair shop, we will end our lives alone, lonely, and bitter. Which of the relational repair tools stuck out to you most as something you can grow in? Which one did you struggle with most?
- Relax – We all have collisions
- Resist Superiority – We all have a log in our eye
- Release liability – We all get to practice forgiveness
- Repay – We get to repay evil with good
- Rebuild and Redeem – Take the next step
7The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
8Hear, my son, your father’s instruction
And do not forsake your mother’s teaching;