The Heart of the Matter
- The heart’s dilemma
- The heart’s direction
- What stuck out to you from Pastor Matt’s message today?
- What does the phrase “the language of the heart” bring to mind for you? How have you grown in your understanding of what the heart is? (Prov. 4:23)
- In the culture of “think + do” “study + apply” how do you cultivate/grow your inner person? How do the scriptures describe Jesus’ intention of changing your heart?
- Pastor Matt unpacked the quote from James A Smith “We as humanity are embodied creatures of desire”. How can you view your life in terms of focused desires (or worshipping)? Where might your desires or focused worship be misplaced?
- “If we only think and do, we neglect our heart”. How has that been true of your experience? How do you relate to Pastor Matt’s diary “9 signs of heart neglect”? What does it look like for you to neglect your heart?
- The heart is exposing, reflecting & nourishing. How has your heart been exposed recently? What has that shown you about where Jesus wants to change you?
- What has your heart been reflecting recently? As your life has had (or is having) seasons of chaos and uncertainty, how do you find calm and peace? How is the Father’s heart shown in your life?
- In what ways does your heart find nourishment in Our Father? How did Jesus model a life nourished from His Heavenly Father? Who in your life helps you discern the nourishment level in your spiritual life?
23Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life.