Wisdom, Reality, and Jesus
- The Persistence of reality (v. 8:36)
- The Problem with reality (v. 23:17)
- The Plan for reality (v. 5:21)
- Reality is persistent, God has so ordered this world that He doesn’t need to strike us down, we strike ourselves down with the consequences of our own actions. Where do you struggle to allow people to experience the consequences of their decisions? Where do you struggle to accept the consequences of your own actions? What would it look like to humbly accept consequences and align with reality? (Proverbs 8:36)
- There is a problem with reality, it seems like the wicked win and our hearts are tempted to follow their path – read Psalm 73. What is your biggest struggle in living a righteous and orderly life in a disordered world? (Proverbs 23:17)
- God has a plan for reality. He sent His Son, Jesus, into this disordered world to be disordered like us, so that He might reorder and remake us in His image. We are now the light, salt, and ambassadors. Having been loved we are able to love, having been reconciled we are able to reconcile, having been forgiven we are able to forgive. What area of your life you can grow in spreading the reality of God’s goodness? (Proverbs 5:21)
21For the ways of a man are before the eyes of the Lord,
And He watches all his paths.
36But he who sins against me injures himself;
All those who hate me love death.”
17Do not let your heart envy sinners,
But live in the fear of the Lord always.