The Law Keeps Us Far, His Love Draws Us NearTranscript of this Sermon
- Gospel Confidence (v. 10:19-22)
- Gospel Community (v. 10:23-25)
- What was one thing that stuck out to you from Pastor Dave’s sermon?
- It is impossible to mature in isolation. Sin always brings isolation which leads to deformation. Where have you seen sin bring isolation and deformation in your life?
- In Hebrews 10:19-22, the Gospel gives us the confidence to connect with others and with God. Connection opens up the possibility of transformation. What are the main hurdles for you in connecting with God and others in deep meaningful relationships? How does the Gospel help remove those hurdles?
- In Hebrews 10:23-25, we see the role we play in the growth of other believers. The author instructs us to Show Up, Step Up, and Speak Up. Did any of these stick out to you as something you can grow in?
A New and Living Way
19Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, 25not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.