Jesus is Greater than HellTranscript of this Sermon
- Hard Heart (v. 10:26-27)
- Humble Heart (v. 10:28-29)
- Healing Heart (v. 10:30-31)
- What was one thing that stuck out to you from Pastor Dave’s sermon?
- Sin isn’t simply something we do, it is something we have built our lives on, other than Jesus, that seeks to devour us (Genesis 4:7). Sin always kills connection and leads to isolation from God and others. Where in your story has sin led you to freely choose lonely isolation rather than intimate connection? (Hebrews 10:26-27)
- God doesn’t look for people to send to hell, He looks for people to save. He has held nothing back in His mission to seek and save the lost (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:8). In His humility, He has endured rejection to ensure our redemption. In light of His indescribable gift, what does your gratitude look like? Do you struggle with showing gratitude to God for His gift? (Hebrews 10:28-29)
- Nobody gets away with anything. God is not mocked, every sin will be paid for. Either Jesus will have paid for your sins, or you will pay for your sins, but someone will pay. How does the doctrine of divine judgement help us to forgive? How does it help us in not taking our own revenge, not repaying evil for evil. How does it help us to instead be a blessing, loving our enemies and praying for those who persecute us? Where do you struggle with forgiveness? How does the doctrine of God’s perfect judgment help us release resentment and trust His righteous judgement? (Hebrews 10:30-31)
Christ or Judgment
26For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “TheLord will judge His people.” 31It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.