Jesus is Greater than our WeaknessesTranscript of this Sermon
- Remember Well (v. 10:32-34)
- Run Well (v. 10:35-39)
- What was one thing that stuck out to you from Pastor Dave’s sermon?
- The recipients of this letter were suffering because of their faith and were thinking about giving up and walking away from Jesus. Have you ever been there? What helped you endure and press on?
- In Hebrews 10:32-33, the author of Hebrews instructs them to remember the hard things they have already walked through and to remember how well they had done. How does remembering hard things that you have overcome help you to endure and press on? Where has Jesus shown up in your life to help you press on?
- In Hebrews 10:34, the author reminds us this world is passing and has an expiration date. How has God used hard things in your life to help you focus on heavenly things, the mattering things? Where do you struggle most with getting caught up in the cares and concerns of this life? What warning does the Scripture give us about this (Matthew 13:7)
- Where are you tempted to throw away your confidence in Jesus because it doesn’t look like it’s working or isn’t working fast enough? Where have you put confidence in your own wisdom and ability over trusting Jesus with the hard things in your life? How can you remember and run to Him today? (Hebrews 10:35-39)
32But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings, 33partly by being made a public spectacle through reproaches and tribulations, and partly by becoming sharers with those who were so treated. 34For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one. 35Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. 36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
37For yet in a very little while,
He who is coming will come, and will not delay.
38But My righteous one shall live by faith;
And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him.
39But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.