Running wellTranscript of this Sermon
- The Heroes (12:1)
- The Handicaps (12:1)
- The Hardships (12:1)
- The Help (12:2-3)
- What was one thing that stuck out to you from Pastor Dave’s sermon?
- God loves to grow things, sin loves to stunt growth. In your story, what is an example of sin stunting your growth and keeping you stuck?
- 12:1 God has put examples of growth all around us. What posters do you have on the wall of your life? Who do you look up to, imitate, emulate and admire? Who we look up to is who we will grow up to. Are you someone others can look up to?
- 12:1 The author of Hebrews says that we pick up hurts, habits and hang-ups during our lives. What are you cuddling up with that you need to break up with? What things has Jesus pointed out to you that you continue to hold onto? Why don’t you give those things up to Jesus today?
- 12:2-3 We have an enemy who loves to use discouragement to isolate and eliminate us? What names, titles and labels do you wear that isolate and separate you from others? Do you believe that Jesus took all the blame and shame on the cross in order to give you a new name? What is one step you can take today to remove the old label and walk in your new identity?
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.