Learning to Rest #2Transcript of this Sermon
- Diligent 4:11
- Dynamic 4:12
- Deep 4:12
- What stood out to you from Pastor Dave’s message today?
- The Bible tells us that God sees all and knows us completely. Is this a comforting or crushing reality for you? Does it cause you to want to rest or run? (Psalm 139; Hebrews 4:12-13)
- Since God knows everything about you, how do you think He feels about you? What impact does this have on your ability to rest and rejoice?
- Since Genesis 3 we have been hiding from God, making fig leaf type coverings to convince ourselves, others and God that we are better than we really are. In what ways do you attempt to hide from God and others? What are your favorite fig leaves to hide from God and others?
- What is God’s command to us as a result of His all seeing knowledge (Hebrews 4:13-16)? How does His sympathizing mercy and grace help us rest? What would it look like for you to draw near to Him with confidence and receive the grace needed to rest?
11Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.