The Greatest of All TimeTranscript of this Sermon
- New and Improved High Priest (v. 4:14-16; 5:1-3; 5:4-6)
- Jesus our Example in Suffering (v. 5:7-10)
- What stood out to you from Pastor John’s message today?
- How does God use suffering to help us put our hope in Jesus and in Him alone?
- Why do we hesitate to boldly go to Jesus when we know we will receive mercy and grace when we are tempted?
- As Christians, we know that we will suffer (Romans 8:17, Acts 14:22), in what ways do you think today’s message might help you in your time of need?
- Hebrews 5:9 clearly puts belief and obedience on equal footing. In other words, to believe is to obey. How does His sympathizing mercy and grace help us obey in our time of temptations and struggle? What would it look like for you to draw near to Him with confidence and receive the grace needed to obey?
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. 16Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.