JESUS HEALS THE SICK
Mark 6:53-56 ESV
53 When they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret and moored to the shore. 54 And when they got out of the boat, the people immediately recognized him 55 and ran about the whole region and began to bring the sick people on their beds to wherever they heard he was. 56 And wherever he came, in villages, cities, or countryside, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and implored him that they might touch even the fringe of his garment. And as many as touched it were made well.
Psalm 63:1-3 ESV
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
- Scene & Setting 6:53
- A Desperate People 6:54-56
- A Devoted Community 6:54-55
- A Dedicated King 6:56
NOTES + QUESTIONS
Key truth from this passage: Desperate people doing desperate things to be made whole.
What are you running after? Performance, people, possessions, position?
First half of sermon truths:
- Jesus made it a habit of engaging with people who were intimately aware of their brokenness and desperation.
- One of the most powerful realities of sin is it’s ability to blind us to it’s devastation.
- Suffering is a painful gift that allows us to see our brokenness and our desperate need for a savior.
Second half of Sermon truths:
- Jesus was inundated but not overwhelmed. His compassion is boundless.
- Only Jesus can give us hope regardless of what we’ve done… Regardless of what has been done to us.
- Jesus longs to meet us in our suffering and pain, but we are often too busy trying to ignore it or deaden it.