1 Corinthians 15:1-11 NASB
1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
- The Gospel 15:1-3
- It’s About Christ 15:3
- It’s About Sin & Substitution 15:3
- It’s About History & Resurrection 15:4-9
- It’s About Life Transformation 15:10-11
- (v. 1-4) What is the gospel? Do you understand the gospel? Do you understand the importance of the gospel? Do you see the gospel as the starting point of Christianity and quickly move on to other things in Christianity?
- (v. 5-8) Do you have confidence that the gospel is historically true and trustworthy? What doubts do you have that keep you from resting in the good news of Christianity?
- (v. 9-11) How have you experienced transformation personally from the good news of Jesus? What’s your story, your testimony of being set free by Jesus?