1 Corinthians 15:20-34 NASB
20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.
29 Otherwise, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them? 30 Why are we also in danger every hour? 31 I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32 If from human motives I fought with wild beasts at Ephesus, what does it profit me? If the dead are not raised, let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die. 33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.”34 Become sober-minded as you ought, and stop sinning; for some have no knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.
- If There is no Resurrection (v. 12-19)
- Since There is a Resurrection (v. 20-28)
- So What (v. 29-34)
- What real difference does the resurrection of Jesus make in how you live? What does life look like when we ignore or reject the resurrection? (v. 12-19)
- (v. 20-28) What is Paul’s main point in these verses? If Jesus has been victorious and will be victorious, what difference should this make as I face difficult situations? Does it make any difference?
- What did Dave do with verse 29? Did you agree or disagree?
- (v. 29-34) The Resurrection of Jesus radically changed Paul’s life, how has the resurrection of Jesus changed mine?