Camp 2: Salvation
Romans 5:1-11 NASB
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
- Where do I stand with God? (v. 1-2)
- Why is this happening to me? (v. 3-5)
- Does God love me? (v. 6-8)
- Do you think you can keep this up? (v. 9-11)
- What does the Bible say has happened to every Christian? What’s the big deal about having peace with God and how does it impact your other relationships? (v. 1)
- Why are we to exult in our sufferings? What are tribulations meant to produce in us? Do you exult in your suffering well? (v. 3)
- How can we be sure our hope will not disappoint? When have you been disappointed from hoping in the past? How has that impacted your faith in the present? (v. 5-8)
- How have you seen the love of God poured out in your heart? How has that changed your marriage, family and community?