Camp 3: Sanctification
Romans 8:17-27 NASB
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. 24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.
26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
- Suffering is Temporary for Us (v. 17-21)
- Suffering Teaches Us (v. 22-27)
- (v. 17-18) When you are suffering, what are your thoughts about God? How do you view Him when things are really bad?
- (v. 18-21) Why is creation groaning; for what is creation eagerly awaiting? Why is it a gift and a blessing that this world is a mess? Do you see it as blessing?
- (v. 23-25) What are we Christians waiting for? How are we to wait for it? How do you do with waiting? What do you do while you’re waiting?
- (v. 26-30) What are the five stages by which God fulfills His purposes in Christians? What is your understanding of theses stages? Why do Christians argue and divide over these?