Called to Mission by a Trustworthy King
- Doubt much? (v. 16-18)
- Jesus is Trustworthy to Follow (v. 18b-20)
- The Church’s Call is to Make Disciples in all of Life in all the World (v. 19-20)
- What stuck out to you today from Luke’s message?
- How dare the disciples doubt! Jesus had just rose from the grave! Where does doubt show up in your faith walk? How has doubt shaped the way that you relate to God? Luke shared “doubt is a pre-requisite of true faith, it doesn’t disqualify us from being an effective disciple” and “our doubt is an invitation to trust Jesus”. How does that statement impact you? How have you thought of doubt differently in your life? How might Jesus want to change your doubt to faith today?
- How has Jesus been faithful to prove that He is trustworthy to follow in your life? What times/trials/tribulations has Jesus brought you through that has grown and increased your faith? How might Jesus want to use you in the lives of others’ suffering and trials?
- Luke shared the main verb in this passage is to MAKE disciples; meaning “as you go”, or “as you go out”…make disciples. How is intentional disciple-making part of your life? How are you actively being discipled and discipling others? Who has been a discipler or who has influenced your faith journey as you follow Jesus? Luke reminded us that our vision at Hillside is to be a launchpad, more works in more places so that more people can come to know the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. What would it look like, if as a body at Hillside, we loved Spring Branch, Bulverde, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Blanco in such a way that drew others to Jesus? How do you think that Jesus might want to use you to join Him on the mission to trust in and obey an all-powerful and present King in the call to make disciples?
16But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”