JOY IN COMMUNITY
Philippians 3:17-4:1 NASB
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us. 18 For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ, 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.
4 1Therefore, my beloved brethren whom I long to see, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Lord, my beloved.
- Flintstones Vitamins & The Gospel
- Vitamin E (v. 4:1)
- Vitamin R (v. 3:1)
- Vitamin B Complex (v. 3:2)
- Vitamin D (v. 3:17)
- Vitamin B Complex (v. 3:18-19)
- Vitamin C (v. 3:20-21)
- (v. 4:1) This world and all that’s in it leaves us weary, worn, exhausted, tired and troubled. Where do you find yourself running for sustenance and strength to stand firm? What does repentance and returning to Jesus look like in this?
- Which of the vitamins stood out most to you as something you need personally or something you need to give?
- How well do you receive and give encouragement? Which is more difficult? (Heb 3:13) How well do you do rejoice? (v. 4:1)
- (v. 3:17) Christianity isn’t a solo sport. Why do we tend to struggle with living out our faith in the context of community? How has community helped you most recently in your walk with Jesus?
- (v. 3:20-21) What does it look like for you to leave room for Jesus by embracing emptiness? How has Jesus met your emptiness most recently?