TOGETHER IS BEST
14 Nevertheless, you have done well to share with me in my affliction.
15 You yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the first preaching of the gospel, after I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving but you alone; 16 for even in Thessalonica you sent a gift more than once for my needs. 17 Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account. 18 But I have received everything in full and have an abundance; I am amply supplied, having received from Epaphroditus what you have sent, a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet you. 22 All the saints greet you, especially those of Caesar’s household.
23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
- Shared With – To Share (v. 4:14-16)
- Cared For – To Care (v. 4:17-19)
- Blessed – To Bless (v. 4:20-23)
- (v. 4:14-16) In community, have you experienced sharing done well? How have you seen sharing done poorly? Where is the Gospel calling you to lean in and care for those around you? Where do you think Jesus is calling you to share your time, talent and treasure?
- (v. 4:17-19) Who has God put in your life that you can care for this week? How has Jesus been caring for you lately? How does a caring heart please God’s heart?
- (v. 4:6) How has God been blessing you recently? What do you do with the blessing that God has given or is giving you? What does it look like to be a blessing to the community that God has put you in?