JESUS COMING BACK
Mark 13:24-37 NASB
24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.
28 “Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 30 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. 32 But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
33 “Take heed, keep on the alert; for you do not know when the appointed time will come. 34 It is like a man away on a journey, who upon leaving his house and putting his slaves in charge, assigning to each one his task, also commanded the doorkeeper to stay on the alert. 35 Therefore, be on the alert—for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether in the evening, at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— 36 in case he should come suddenly and find you asleep. 37 What I say to you I say to all, ‘Be on the alert!’”
- Read the Signs 13:24-25
- Rest in The Savior 13:26-27
- Realize Our Simplicity 13:28-32
- Remain Sober 13:33-37
- When dealing with eschatology or the end times, there are two extremes: fixate on it or forget about it. Which one do you trend to and why?
- When you study and think about the return of Jesus, does it bring anxiety or anticipation? Panic or peace? What keeps you from excitement? How does the certainty of Jesus’ return impact your daily life?
- What baggage do you carry from those who fixated on prophecy, end times projections, end times movies, and fear tactics to get you to believe in Jesus? How did Mark 13:24-37 impact that baggage? How has fear been a spiritual motivator in your life? How have you used fear to motivate others?
- The commands from Mark 13:33-37 were for us to take heed, keep on alert, be on alert. What does it look like to be spiritually asleep and unalert for you? What are some steps or what does it look like for you to repent, wake up, and love well?