TRUE JOY, THE WISE MAN + THE FOOL
True ______________ is the natural outcome of ______________, ______________ and ______________ hope.
Definition of joy: A ______________ ______________ of ______________& ______________that arises out of a deep ______________& ______________ of a Sovereign Savior.
- An invitation to authentic analysis 7:1
- A fool’s harmful hope 7:2-4
- A fool’s relational reality 7:5-6
- A fool’s frustrating failure 7:7-10
- The wise man’s wealth 7:11-12
- The wise man’s way 7:13-14
To be human is to be ______________. Joy comes from an ______________ ______________ in the one who ______________ ______________.
“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” ~ CS Lewis
- Who has helped you see yourself most honestly? How have you responded to someone “holding the mirror” up to you with grace and kindness for your good? (v 1)
- Where have you put hope in areas of your life that have disappointed you? What has that shown you about your hopes and desires? (v 2-4)
- How have you been tempted to have your ego stroked by others? How have other Christians been able to help you grow in real joy through grief, pain and sorrow? (v 5-6)
- How are you tempted to only deal with the symptoms of issues rather than try and understand the heart? (v 7-10)
- In what ways have you been changing recently? (v 11-12)
- How has your story of faith been shaped by unforeseen and unplanned events you never saw coming? How do you see those events now looking back? (v 13-14)